The new MyCPAU service is now live and has replaced My Utilities Account. Your utilities account information has been automatically migrated for you to the new MyCPAU site for your convenience. We have sent you a new username and temporary password to log in to MyCPAU.
Please log in to the new site at https://mycpau.cityofpaloalto.org/portal/ entering your new username and temporary password to activate your account. Look for an email from us with the subject line, "CPAU - New Username and Password." If you don’t see it in your inbox, please check your email spam or junk filters. You may contact your Key Account Representative or our Utilities Customer Service Center with any questions or for assistance logging in to your account.
City of Palo Alto Utilities Customer Service
The new MyCPAU landing page:
Information to help you understand MyCPAU.
Why are we implementing a new online Utilities account service application?
- My Utilities Account (MUA) had limited functions and the software is no longer being supported.
Key benefits and features of the new service:
- View more granular utility usage data, patterns and trends
- Fast and secure online bill payment options, including automatic payments
- Receive email alerts for your monthly bill, service updates, payment reminders
- Manage and update all of the details for your utility account
- Add other users to help manage the account
Customer account migration – Away from MUA on to MyCPAU
- Customers will be sent an email notification with their user name (Primary Email Address in our billing system) and temporary password.
- They can also click "Forgot Password" in MyCPAU to have us reset and send a new temporary password.
- Each account number requires a unique email address to be able register
- If you are currently enrolled in MUA but do not have a unique email address associated with your account, our Customer Service Support Team can assist you with registration. Please call (650) 329-2255.
Account Registration requirements:
- Account Number – register one Account; all active accounts under one master account (up to 65) will be registered. If you need help call customer support 650-329-2255.
- Identification is needed for all Residential registration. Acceptable identification includes Driver License (DL), Social Security Number (SSN), or a USA Passport number.
- A Federal Tax ID number is required for identification when registering a commercial utilities account (must be the same number as listed on the account).
- Must have a valid email address.
Options for account owner:
- Ability to add a third-party bill payer – add email addresses under the notification preferences feature.
- Add Guest User – 2 types of roles - add by Contract Account ID
- Guest User – view only mode
- Property Manager – can make non-recurring credit/debit card payments
To receive the following billing notifications:
- Bill generation
- Bill payment due in 4 days
- Bill payment past due (one day past due date)
City of Palo Alto Utilities Customer Service UtilitiesCustomerService@cityofpaloalto.org (650) 329-2161